The La Crescent Community Foundation Offers two different and unique scholarships.
Applicants who have overcome life’s challenges are especially encouraged to apply.
Who Can Apply
Note: Our Next scholarship will be announced in early 2024
Spring 2024 or mid-year 2023-2024 graduates of La Crescent/Hokah High School or La Crescent/Hokah District residents who are home schooled or those who attend another High School.
How to Apply
The scholarship for the four-year school is $5,000.
The scholarship for the two-year school is $3,500.
To apply for either of these scholarships you must indicate which one you are applying for and submit the following:
A Cover Letter/Essay
Please describe your life experiences including any obstacles that you have overcome to
achieve your goals
• How have your experiences influenced your plans for the future?
• Everyone has their own definition of ‘success.’ Explain what that term means to you.
• Describe any volunteer activities that have been especially meaningful to you. What impact have they had on the community?
• What is one way in which you hope to make a difference in your family, school, and/or community?
• Please describe any special circumstances that we should consider, including employment while going to school and whatever you think is significant.
Two Letters of Recommendation
• Letters to be from non-related teachers, employers or other adults that know you from a nonsocial relationship.
• Letters should give evidence of your character, motivation, attitude and integrity. • Letters may be included with your application or the writers may send them directly to us.